TUTORIAL - HOW TO MINE SOLO ON LINUX DEVICES USING CPU
If the source code is not available don't trust any app that says it can mine, if is not compiled by you could be a scam! Compile your own binaries to be sure!
Here we will show how you can simply compile and run a miner on your Linux PC or server :
- Always download mining software from official and trusted sources.
- Regularly update your mining software to ensure compatibility with the latest network protocols and security patches.
- Monitor your mining operation regularly for any irregularities or suspicious activity.
- Consider using a dedicated mining device or computer to avoid potential security risks to your personal or work devices.
- Ensure you have a reliable internet connection and sufficient power supply to maintain uninterrupted mining operations.
- Keep your mining address and credentials secure to prevent unauthorized access to your mining rewards.
apt install git -y
apt install proot -y
apt-get install automake autoconf pkg-config libcurl4-openssl-dev libjansson-dev libssl-dev libgmp-dev zlib1g-dev make g++
git clone https://github.com/tpruvot/cpuminer-multi
- Basic *nix build instructions:
- just use
./autogen.sh # only needed if building from git repo
./nomacro.pl # only needed if building on Mac OS X or with Clang
./configure CFLAGS="*-march=native*" --with-crypto --with-curl
- # Use -march=native if building for a single machine
7: Start cpuminer :
./cpuminer -o stratum+tcp://pool.vkbit.com:3333 -u [bitcoin_address].[workername] -p x -a sha256d -R 10
Or with thread limitation ( -t 2 ) how many threads (depending on how many CPUs you have on your device)
./cpuminer -o stratum+tcp://pool.vkbit.com:3333 -u [bitcoin_address].[workername] -p x -a sha256d -R 10 -t 2
Next thing is to monitor your miner on our website https://vkbit.com
App can run in background, if you want to quit press CTRL + c